Caveat Lector

Hunh? Where Am I? What is This?
This is my first attempt at creative writing as an adult. I am a longtime reader of science fiction, and am attempting to write this in the style of a sub-genre called Cyber Punk. It has Noir overtones, is relatively dystopian, is very heavy on technology, has a dense style of writing, and is set not too far in the future.

Who the Hell Writes Like This?
I am a big fan of William Gibson, and it's his work that is my primary inspiration for this attempt. Johnny Mnemonic is an excellent example of his work that was made into a bad movie. A less grim version of Gibson's work which is lighter on the technology and is a short read is The Gernsback Continuum.

For God's Sake, Why?
I'm hoping this style will give me the freedom to invent all the tech I want, allow me to expound on some theories of what I think lies ahead, and make a generally adolescent effort of it all!

Unh, Donald - Don't Quit Your Day Job!
I am constantly taking your feedback and revising the story. I have already received very very helpful, very crushing feedback that I'm trying to respond to and improve the story. The most negative possible constructive criticism will give me the most help in improving, so don't filter your thoughts much - I promise you won't regret letting me know.

Yea, Yea. Enough Already! Where's The Story?
Thanks for taking a look. Here's Chapter 1. Enjoy!


.

No comments: